Sunday, October 30, 2011

Musings of a Member of the 99%

I'm Lorenzo Bonado. Just one of the many persons out there that are finding their voice in the blogoshpere to share my perspectives on what I see everyday as I (like the vast majority of the the people) do what they need to to do to make it in the harsh cruel world each day.  But  here's the kicker: I find myself wondering what will society in the future (say 100 to 200 years from now) say about the current state of affairs if the only references to our time period were the movies we've made, the sound bites we've created , and the opinions that are written.

Sure, I know that debate has raged on with anthropologists and archeologists for ages, but now the opportunity for the 99% of us to chime in to keep the story straight using the communication resources that would make previous generations of historians envious and keep them in awe. Personally, as an exercise in objectivity, I like to place myself in the mindset of a person that only knows of a particular history though the evidence available and form a perspective based on the evidence (e.g, movies, media, and posted opinions), with no clue as to the conext that created the evidence upon which I use to form my perspective. Once I create that view, I step back and critically analyze the view using context of my personal experiences and look for the "What the F!" moments.

Put simply, if a person's great grandkids posted a blog article on the stuff their grandparents were watching back in the day, would they get it right?

Well this blog is my way of shouting out my views on movies, media, topics and opinions (funny and not funny, good and bad) with the question posed, " Is this the way we want to be remembered?"

No comments:

Post a Comment